Prior to joining the firm, Noam was an associate at Storch Amini PC and Sidley Austin LLP.
Noam Besdin is an associate whose main practice area is complex commercial litigation, emphasizing intellectual property, contract, employment, bankruptcy, and corporate disputes. He represents corporate, institutional and individual clients, from a variety of industries and professions, during all stages of litigation in state, federal and bankruptcy courts, as well as in mediation and arbitration.
After receiving his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Noam worked as an associate at Sidley Austin LLP, where he focused on bankruptcy litigation, primarily representing noteholders and other creditor constituencies in connection with complex chapter 11 proceedings and other bankruptcy-related matters.
During law school, Noam worked as an intern for the Honorable Katherine Hayden, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, and as a student public defender for the Defender Association of Philadelphia. He also served as senior editor on the University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law, and was vice president of the Penn Jewish Law Students Association.
Noam is a member of the UJA Young Lawyers’ Leadership Committee, and serves as a board observer for the Jewish Community Relations Council. In 2015, he served on the New York County Democratic Committee’s Judicial Screening Panel.
Noam has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a 2016 “Rising Star.” He is licensed to practice law in New York.
Examples of Noam’s experience include:
- Represented the bankruptcy trustee of a defunct mortgage company through trial of fraudulent transfer claims against a Las Vegas casino in the District of Nevada, obtaining a successful jury verdict. Noam was second-chair at trial, where he prepared and cross-examined multiple witnesses, and handled all pre-trial and post-trial briefing.
- Represented a noted education author and scholar in a years’ long contract and copyright litigation which progressed concurrently in New Jersey Federal court and an arbitration proceeding, from answering the complaint, through motion practice and discovery, and resulting in a favorable, multi-party global settlement of all claims.
- Represented former owner/director of Investment bank in successful years' long arbitration proceeding, from demand through dispositive motions, discovery, and eleven days of testimony.
- Represented real estate investment and hedge funds in contract disputes over securities placement agreements and related fees;
- Represents dental implant distributor in trade secret misappropriation case against foreign manufacturer;
- Represented member of art gallery LLC in dispute with employer and managing members over inventory, capital accounts and real estate holdings.
- Represented small business in non-compete litigation against multinational
- corporation, including preliminary injunction, successful mediation and favorable settlement.
- Represented a party in connection with professional negligence, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims against her former business management and accounting firm in the Supreme Court of New York, from complaint, through discovery and a successful resolution for the client at a private mediation.
- Represented a metal recycling company in preference litigation in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, positioning the client, after discovery, to obtain a favorable settlement of all claims while preserving a significant portion of an administrative claim.
- Represented a private college and its professionals against numerous Federal and state law claims, including violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, in the Eastern District of New York, handling pre-trial briefing and witness preparation before reaching a favorable settlement just days before jury selection.
- Represented a global finance firm in connection with a multi-million dollar contractual dispute over a purchase option in an equipment lease.
- Represented a small business in connection with a non-compete provision in a multi-million dollar purchase agreement, through litigation and successful private mediation.
- Represented a financial consultant in connection with arbitration and related state court litigation over terms of his employment agreement and LLC members’ agreement.
- Represented loan trustee on behalf of noteholder group in litigation over treatment of a “make-whole” provision in chapter 11 proceeding in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented foreign oil and gas corporation in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware through years’ long litigation over pre-bankruptcy transfers of assets, successfully limiting the scope of the plaintiffs’ claims before obtaining a favorable settlement for the client.
Noam has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” for 2016 – 2018.
Noam is a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, New York City Bar Association and New York County Lawyers Association.
Prior to joining the firm, Noam was an associate at Sidley Austin LLP.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Intellectual Property Disputes
U.S. District Court, SDNY
U.S. District Court, EDNY
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School
Journal of International Law, Senior Editor
B.A., New York University, magna cum laude