Prior to joining the firm, Michael was an associate at various law firms, including Arnold & Porter LLP and Dechert LLP.
Michael Igyarto is an associate whose main practice area is complex commercial litigation, emphasizing bankruptcy-related litigations, litigating or arbitrating commercial contract disputes, including breach of contract, post-acquisition, and employment disputes, and securities investigations and disputes, including internal reviews and SEC and FINRA inquiries. He represents corporate, institutional and individual clients, from a variety of industries and professions, during all stages of litigation in state, federal and bankruptcy courts, as well as in mediation and arbitration.
After receiving his J.D. from the New York University School of Law, Michael worked as an associate at Alston & Bird LLP and other firms, where he focused on bankruptcy-related litigations and commercial contract litigations and arbitrations, primarily representing creditors’ committees in complex bankruptcy-related matters and investors in medical device/technology start-ups in post-acquisition disputes.
During law school, Michael was a senior staff editor for the New York University Environmental Law Journal.
Examples of Michael’s experience include:
- Represented investors in medical implant device start-up through arbitration hearing. Michael was second-chair at the hearing, where he prepared written testimony for fact and expert witnesses, prepared witnesses for cross-examination, and handled pre- and post- hearing briefing.
- Represented investors in dental imaging device start-up through arbitration hearing and post-award challenges before the District Court for the Southern District of New York and the Second Circuit Court, obtaining and confirming a seven-figure award for the clients. Michael was third-chair at the hearing, where he prepared written testimony for fact and expert witnesses and prepared witnesses for cross-examination.
- Represented the creditors’ committee and plan administrator in multi-year bankruptcy-related litigation against former insiders of bankrupt entity, where he took and defended multiple depositions.
- Worked with team of attorneys in the pro-bono representation of fifty-one plaintiff families impacted by Hurricane Sandy, where he served as the primary contact to eight client families in successful settlement negotiations.
- Represented international bank in FINRA inquiry and internal investigation regarding potential insider trading
- Represented commodity supplier in force majure contract renegotiation related to Qatar shipping embargo
- Represented investment firm in non-compete litigation
- Represented small business in non-solicitation and non-compete litigation
Prior to joining the firm, Michael was an associate at Alston & Bird LLP, Arnold & Porter LLP, Dechert LLP, and Roesser PLLC.